Baltimore Orioles Vs Chicago Cubs Betting Picks

Tue, Jul 09 6:35 pm
Season Stats:
56 Wins33 Loses30 Saves
Last 5 Games:
Season Stats:
41 Wins49 Loses20 Saves
Last 5 Games:

Current Betting Odds

BAL -1 -132
CHC 1 101
Over 9 -112
Under 9 -111
BAL -196
CHC 149

Try your picks with 125% First Deposit Bonus

Orioles vs Cubs Game Information

DateTue, Jul 9
Time6:35 pm
LocationOriole Park at Camden Yards
TV Broadcast

As the Baltimore Orioles gear up to host the Chicago Cubs, both teams will be looking to assert their dominance and gain crucial ground in their respective leagues. The Orioles have shown remarkable consistency throughout the season, standing strong in the American League East, whereas the Cubs are facing an uphill battle in the National League Central. This matchup promises to offer fans an electrifying encounter, packed with strategic plays, strong pitching, and timely hitting.

Orioles vs Cubs Win Probabilities

Based on current performance metrics, the Baltimore Orioles have a win probability of 54%, while the Chicago Cubs have a win probability of 46%. The Orioles’ edge comes from their strong home record and consistent offensive output. They have also been solid defensively, limiting opponents’ scoring opportunities. The Cubs, on the other hand, have been inconsistent on the road but possess a lineup capable of explosive innings. Their pitching staff has shown flashes of dominance, which could be a key factor in this game.

Orioles vs Cubs Picks: Full Analysis

The Orioles exhibit a well-rounded team performance this season. With a batting average of .256 and a commendable on-base percentage of .317, they excel at getting runners on base and converting these opportunities into runs. Their pitching staff has also proven formidable, boasting a team ERA of 3.58 and holding opponents to a batting average of .220. On the other hand, the Cubs’ batting average stands at a lower .228, but they demonstrate good plate discipline with 310 walks. However, their higher strikeout rate (809) and a team ERA of 3.97 point to inconsistencies that could be a disadvantage against a robust Orioles lineup.


Orioles vs Cubs Prediction: Betting Trends

The Baltimore Orioles have been impressive against the spread (ATS) at home, covering in 60% of their games this season. They also tend to favor the over in high-scoring games, with 55% of their home games hitting the over mark. This indicates a strong offensive presence coupled with occasional defensive lapses.

The Chicago Cubs have struggled against the spread on the road, covering in just 45% of their games away from Wrigley Field. However, they have been better in low-scoring affairs, with 52% of their road games hitting the under. This trend suggests that the Cubs’ success often hinges on their pitching staff’s performance and ability to contain opposing offenses.

Injuries and Suspensions

Baltimore Orioles
Danny CoulombeOut (15-Day Injured List)RP
Tyler WellsOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
John MeansOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Kyle BradishOut (15-Day Injured List)SP
Alexis CruzOut (Restricted List)P
Christopher RamirezOut (Restricted List)P
Isaiah KearnsOut (Restricted List)SP
Félix BautistaOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Chicago Cubs
Kyle HendricksQuestionable (Active)SP
Yency AlmonteOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Mike TauchmanOut (10-Day Injured List)RF
Mark Leiter Jr.Out (15-Day Injured List)RP
Keegan ThompsonOut (15-Day Injured List)SP
Adbert AlzolayOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Julian MerryweatherOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Javier AssadOut (15-Day Injured List)SP
Ben BrownOut (15-Day Injured List)RP
Caleb KilianOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Jordan WicksOut (15-Day Injured List)SP

Orioles vs Cubs Prediction

Considering the provided data, the Baltimore Orioles appear to have the upper hand in this matchup. Their consistent performance, strong home record, and pitching depth suggest they are well-positioned to secure a win. However, the Cubs could still pose a threat if their key players step up and deliver. Expect a competitive game, but with the Orioles likely edging out the Cubs. A bet on the Orioles to cover the spread, given their recent form, seems prudent, and considering recent trends, betting on the ‘Under’ might also be a safe play.