Minnesota Twins Vs Houston Astros Betting Picks

Sat, Jul 06 2:10 pm
Minnesota
Twins
Season Stats:
48 Wins37 Loses26 Saves
Last 5 Games:
vs
Houston
Astros
Season Stats:
43 Wins42 Loses18 Saves
Last 5 Games:

Current Betting Odds

Spread
MIN -1 109
HOU 1 -137
Under/Over
Over 7.5 -115
Under 7.5 -111
Moneyline
MIN -147
HOU 116
SportBet.One

Try your picks with 125% First Deposit Bonus

Twins vs Astros Game Information

DateSat, Jul 6
Time2:10 pm
LocationTarget Field
TV Broadcast

As the Minnesota Twins prepare to host the Houston Astros at Target Field on July 6, 2024, fans can expect a tightly contested battle between two teams vying for playoff positions. Both squads come into this game with recent strong performances and will be looking to leverage their strengths for a crucial win. This matchup promises an exciting clash given the teams’ comparable statistics and form over their last few encounters.

Twins vs Astros Win Probabilities

According to the latest performance metrics, the Minnesota Twins have a slight edge with a 55% win probability, while the Houston Astros hold a 45% chance of victory. The Twins’ higher odds can be attributed to their superior home record (24-16) compared to the Astros’ away performance (20-21), coupled with the Twins’ recent winning streak and stronger overall pitching stats.

Twins vs Astros Picks: Full Analysis

Both teams exhibit significant strengths and some areas of vulnerability. Minnesota’s solid pitching and batting balance will be up against Houston’s consistent offensive power. Below are deeper insights into the teams’ seasonal stats, betting trends, and a prediction for the game’s outcome…
The Minnesota Twins have played 85 games, scoring 409 runs with a batting average of 0.249. Their pitching has been notably efficient, with a team ERA of 4.074 and a WHIP of 1.183. On the other hand, the Houston Astros have also played 85 games, scoring 397 runs with a batting average of 0.263. Their pitching mirrors the Twins’ efficiency with a team ERA of 4.068. These statistics indicate that both teams have balanced strengths in batting and pitching, suggesting that the game could be closely contested .

TeamsGamesRunsHitsHomerunsWalksStrikeoutsWinsLossesSaves
Twins85409714101247680483726
Astros85397769100236581434218

Twins vs Astros Prediction: Betting Trends

The Minnesota Twins have covered the spread in 80% of their last five games, with their most frequent outcome being ‘Over’. They have won four out of these five games, displaying a solid recent form. Their spread coverage and leaning towards higher-scoring games could encourage bettors to lean on similar outcomes in this upcoming match .
The Houston Astros share an identical spread coverage frequency of 80% in their last five games, with a higher tendency towards ‘Over’, covering four out of five games. Their performances also indicate a preference for higher-scoring games, suggesting they are likely to keep the games competitive and close .

Injuries and Suspensions

Minnesota Twins
NameStatusPosition
Anthony DeSclafaniOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Zack WeissOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Alex KirilloffOut (10-Day Injured List)1B
Chris PaddackOut (15-Day Injured List)SP
Brock StewartOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Royce LewisOut (10-Day Injured List)3B
Justin TopaOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Daniel DuarteOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Houston Astros
NameStatusPosition
Justin VerlanderOut (15-Day Injured List)SP
Kendall GravemanOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Lance McCullers Jr.Out (60-Day Injured List)SP
Victor CaratiniOut (10-Day Injured List)C
Kyle TuckerOut (10-Day Injured List)RF
Cristian JavierOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Luis GarciaOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Bennett SousaOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
José UrquidyOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Penn MurfeeOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Oliver OrtegaOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Jake BlossOut (15-Day Injured List)SP

Twins vs Astros Prediction

Given the closely matched statistics and recent form of both teams, a prediction leans towards a narrow victory for the Minnesota Twins. Their superior home record, coupled with slightly better recent performances, positions them as likely to edge out the Houston Astros in what should be a high-scoring and tightly contested game. Bettors might favor a wager on the Twins covering the spread and the total score going ‘Over’.