Texas Rangers Vs Tampa Bay Rays Betting Picks

Sat, Jul 06 4:05 pm
Season Stats:
39 Wins46 Loses14 Saves
Last 5 Games:
Tampa Bay
Season Stats:
43 Wins42 Loses26 Saves
Last 5 Games:

Current Betting Odds

TEX 1 -156
TB -1 124
Over 7.5 -118
Under 7.5 -106
TEX -116
TB -108

Try your picks with 125% First Deposit Bonus

Rangers vs Rays Game Information

DateSat, Jul 6
Time4:05 pm
LocationGlobe Life Field
TV Broadcast

As the Texas Rangers prepare to host the Tampa Bay Rays at Globe Life Field, fans are in for a riveting matchup. Both teams are coming in with their respective strengths and weaknesses, setting the stage for a closely contested game that will have significant impacts on their standings. Texas, looking to improve their slightly subpar record, faces a formidable Tampa Bay team aiming to maintain their momentum. The strategical play and key performances will be critical in determining the outcome of this clash.

Rangers vs Rays Win Probabilities

Texas Rangers have a 45% chance of winning, while Tampa Bay Rays hold a 55% chance. These probabilities stem from Texas’s recent struggles with a win percentage of 45.88% this season, compounded by their inconsistency in the last ten games where they’ve managed only four wins. On the other hand, Tampa Bay’s win percentage of 50.59%, along with a stronger finish in their last ten games, gives them a slight edge going into this matchup.

Rangers vs Rays Picks: Full Analysis

Both the Texas Rangers and Tampa Bay Rays bring distinct strengths and weaknesses to this game, which will heavily influence the matchup’s outcome. The Rangers, while potent offensively, have had issues with consistency in their pitching. The Rays, with a more balanced team profile, have shown resilience both at home and away. Let’s dive deeper into their seasonal stats and recent betting trends to further understand what to expect from this encounter.
The Texas Rangers’ season has been marked by an impressive offensive output, with 364 runs scored and 685 hits. However, their pitching lineup has been less reliable, holding an ERA of 4.116 and allowing 367 runs. In contrast, the Tampa Bay Rays have scored 342 runs while conceding 394, indicating a slightly more balanced but defensively vulnerable profile. Their pitching staff, with an ERA of 4.251 and WHIP of 1.246, has shown better control overall compared to Texas. Both teams’ performance in these areas will be crucial in shaping the game’s dynamics.


Rangers vs Rays Prediction: Betting Trends

The Texas Rangers have a 40% spread coverage in their last five games, indicating some inconsistency in covering the expected margins. They have split outcomes in over/under scenarios, with three out of five games going over. Significant wins against San Diego and Baltimore highlight their capability to outperform significantly when their offense clicks, but losses show potential vulnerabilities especially in tight matchups .
The Tampa Bay Rays are trending stronger with a 60% spread coverage in their last five games, and a notable inclination toward the under in four of these outcomes. This trend signals a more defensive game strategy, managing to limit the opposition’s runs effectively. Wins against teams like Kansas City and Washington reaffirm their effectiveness in low-scoring yet dominant victories .

Injuries and Suspensions

Texas Rangers
Jacob deGromOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Tyler MahleOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Josh SborzOut (15-Day Injured List)RP
Austin PruittOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Cole WinnOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Josh JungOut (60-Day Injured List)3B
Cody BradfordOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Evan CarterOut (10-Day Injured List)LF
Carson ColemanOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Tampa Bay Rays
Wander FrancoOut (Restricted List)SS
Drew RasmussenOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Richard LoveladyOut (15-Day Injured List)RP
Jeffrey SpringsOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Shane McClanahanOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Jacob WaguespackOut (60-Day Injured List)SP

Rangers vs Rays Prediction

Expect a tight contest where the Rays’ balanced approach might give them a slight advantage over the Rangers. Texas’s potential for an offensive breakout cannot be underestimated, especially at home. However, the Rays’ recent trend in defensive play and better form in covering spreads may just edge them out as favorites. This game is likely to lean towards a low-scoring affair, aligning with the under trend in Tampa Bay’s recent games. Final Prediction: Tampa Bay Rays over Texas Rangers with a scoreline reflecting a close and defensive battle.