Washington Nationals Vs St. Louis Cardinals Betting Picks

Sat, Jul 06 4:05 pm
Season Stats:
39 Wins46 Loses22 Saves
Last 5 Games:
St. Louis
Season Stats:
44 Wins40 Loses34 Saves
Last 5 Games:

Current Betting Odds

WSH -1 111
STL 1 -141
Over 8.5 -127
Under 8.5 -102
WSH -137
STL 109

Try your picks with 125% First Deposit Bonus

Nationals vs Cardinals Game Information

DateSat, Jul 6
Time4:05 pm
LocationNationals Park
TV Broadcast

The upcoming face-off between the Washington Nationals and the St. Louis Cardinals is set to be an exciting one as both teams are eager to make their mark in the season. The Nationals have had a challenging season so far, while the Cardinals are looking to cement their position in the wild-card race. With both teams showcasing sporadic brilliance and a few lapses, this game could swing either way. Detailed analysis of recent performances and statistical breakdowns shed light on what we can expect from this crucial matchup.

Nationals vs Cardinals Win Probabilities

Based on recent performance metrics and seasonal stats, the St. Louis Cardinals hold a slight advantage with a 55% win probability over the Nationals’ 45%. The Cardinals’ consistent batting averages and slightly better pitching ERA contribute to their edge, while the Nationals’ home-field advantage and occasional offensive bursts cannot be overlooked.

Nationals vs Cardinals Picks: Full Analysis

Both teams have exhibited strengths and weaknesses in various areas this season. The Nationals have struggled with consistency and pitching reliability, whereas the Cardinals have showcased a better balance between batting and defense. These elements could be pivotal in determining the outcome of the game…
The Washington Nationals, with a batting average of .235, have managed to score a total of 350 runs in 85 games, supported by 68 home runs and a slugging percentage of .362. Their pitching has been a weak point with an ERA of 3.996 and WHIP of 1.277. In contrast, the Cardinals have a slightly better batting average at .240, with 335 runs scored and 81 home runs. Their pitchers carry an ERA of 3.94 and a WHIP of 1.249, indicating a marginally stronger pitching staff. These statistics suggest that the Cardinals might have a slight upper hand due to their balanced offense and comparatively reliable pitching.


Nationals vs Cardinals Prediction: Betting Trends

The Washington Nationals have shown mixed results against the spread in their last five games. They have covered the spread twice and hit the over in three out of five games. This indicates an unpredictable performance pattern, which bettors should consider when wagering.
The St. Louis Cardinals, on the other hand, have covered the spread in only 40% of their last five games, with a more frequent outcome of hitting the over in three games. This trend suggests a tendency towards higher scoring games and a moderate performance against the spread.

Injuries and Suspensions

Washington Nationals
Joey GalloOut (10-Day Injured List)1B
Trevor WilliamsOut (15-Day Injured List)SP
Mason ThompsonOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Josiah GrayOut (15-Day Injured List)SP
Cade CavalliOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Jose A. FerrerOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
St. Louis Cardinals
Steven MatzOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Keynan MiddletonOut (60-Day Injured List)RP
Tommy EdmanOut (60-Day Injured List)SS
Drew RomOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Iván HerreraOut (10-Day Injured List)C
Riley O'BrienOut (60-Day Injured List)SP
Lars NootbaarOut (10-Day Injured List)RF

Nationals vs Cardinals Prediction

Given the statistical insights and betting trends, the St. Louis Cardinals appear to have a slight edge in this matchup. However, the Nationals’ potential to leverage their home-field advantage makes this a closely contested game. Expect a competitive game with the Cardinals narrowly edging out the Nationals, possibly with a final scoreline in the neighborhood of 5-3.